Unity remains under a visitor restriction phase, with the exception of the pediatric unit.
During this restricted phase, the following visitors are allowed for pediatric patients only:
- Two (2) same parents or direct caregivers for the entire hospital stay, who pass health screening.
Visitors must wear masks at all times. This includes public spaces. Visitors who refuse to wear a mask will be asked to leave the building. For your comfort and safety, visitors should bring and wear their own masks. Visitors without a mask will be provided one. If you have a latex allergy, please note that some of the masks we provide contain latex in the ear loops. We cannot guarantee that our masks are latex-free because of supply shortages caused by COVID-19.
Visitors should follow these mask safety tips:
- Wash your hands before putting on or taking off your mask.
- Try not to touch your mask, but if you do, wash your hands.
- A mask should cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly against the sides of your face.
- Cloth masks should be washed regularly.
Physical Distancing Guidelines:
Please maintain physical distancing and keep at least 6 feet of space between yourself and others whenever possible. Some areas are unable to accommodate visitors because of limited space and the need to maintain appropriate physical distancing. Visitors must limit the places they go within the facility to only the patient’s room and the restroom.
How can I stay connected with family members or friends who are in the hospital?
We encourage family members and friends to use alternative ways to interact with patients during this time. Here are some ideas:
- Talk on the phone, if even just for a few minutes, it can make everyone feel connected.
- Camera and video use is limited at Unity Center. Patient privacy is of utmost importance. Please work with the patient’s care team on scheduling video chats.